Long story short: It is a successor of the Crowdcoin blockchain. They made a swap and moved to another algorithm so the old blockchain was abandoned. A decision was made to continue the support of it because the network proved itself to be reliable and trustworthy one.
But the main reason was to keep alive the original idea: to create a place were people, interested in crypto, meet people who want to share and develop their knowledge - to put it in layman's terms - an academy and a platform for crowd-funding projects. And even to broaden it - to create a social network for the crypto realm.
And at last but not at least: to put the technology first. Because it's a way better to have sustainable demand, created by the features given technology has and not by speculating with eventual future value.
The project will be community driven and supported by donations at first.
To increase the adoption and day-to-day usage of cryptocurrencies for first-time and heavy users through gamification and for them to learn more about crypto realm and invest in some worthy startups in the process.
It will be a website with implemented gamification abilities and will serve as media for exchanging knowledge between users using open source code with social, marketplace and educational functions; wallet, crowdfunding, trade and voting properties and with an utility token as medium for transferring value between the peers.
The project will be managed through Github Teams, Projects, Issues, etc. like other similar project e.g. Bitcoin. All voting and other activities that can't be managed on Github will be managed at corresponding Discord channels unless stated otherwise.
• The governing body consists of three teams (Business Operations, Research and Development and Media and Marketing) managed by Team Leaders(TL) and one or more Advisors(A). The teams can contain sub-teams e.g Marketing Team can have Social Media Team.
• Everyone with Github account can add, suggest or request changes, features, etc. through Issues in corresponding project e.g. Whitepaper.
• Decisions (elevated from certain Issues or else) are made through voting by Team Leaders with absolute majority (2/3). The advisors can't vote but can express their opinion on the subject to defend certain position at corresponding project's page. The Team Leaders and Advisors have right to veto on given subject. In this case the subject goes to community voting.
• Community voters are verified Discord members (labeled with tag on Discord server) with at least 1 CRCL masternode. Every member has 1 vote regardless of how many masternodes he has and can access corresponding Discord channels to exercise his right to vote. It's Community Manager's responsibility to regularly check the every Discord member's masternode possession.
• Everyone with corresponding account can observe the discussions at Github project's pages and voting process at Discord channels.
• UNA - Community Management System (successor of Dolphin Pro) will serve as platform for implementation of social, gamification, marketplace and educational functions and
• BitShares - The code base behind CryptoBridge and other serious projects will serve as gateway for wallet, exchange, crowdfunding and voting properties of the project. Both are open source, properly licensed, possess the flexibility needed and complete each other, giving this project a posibility to achieve the Mission goals.
• Janrain - Customer Identity and Access Management for complete user's registration, security and identity management.
• Consulting by an attorney office, having vast expirience in IPO/ICO/STO field, at every stage of creating the project's website (WIP).
Address Letter: C
Address Header: 28
P2SH Header: 88
RPC Port: 11998
Current Supply: ~6,100,000
Max. Supply: 10,900,000
Block Time: 120 seconds
Spend: 6 confirmations
Block: 100 confirmations
Block Reward: 10 CRCL, halving every 262800 blocks (every year) - next is coming around 26 Dec
Reward distribution: 50% POW, 50% Masternode
Masternode Collateral: 1000 CRCL
Premine: 100,000 coins left in the developer's address from before the swap*
*They are inaccessible to us. There's unknown to date amount of coins collected during the swap also. This matter will be investigated further.
1. You can mine them at POOLS supporting CRCL through well known mining software:
Mining Pools and Stats:
NVIDIA Miner: https://github.com/CRowdCLassic/cryptodredge
AMD Miner: https://github.com/CRowdCLassic/nsgminer
2. Converting them from old CRC wallet
The new wallet has backward compatibility - just COPY your old CRC wallet.dat to the CRowdCLassicCore folder, restart, and you'll have the same amount of CRCL.
But don't forget: this is NOT a fork so when you move your CRCL coins elsewhere, they will disappear from your CRC wallet too.
3. Buying them on Cryptocurrency Exchange
Look below for exchanges which have CRCL listed
New wallets has to be compiled with the necessary changes
Putting online a pool, explorer, dns seeder and nodes to support the blockchain
Manuals and scripts with explanation how to start a masternode
Extended explorer has to be put online
Making a website to present the project
Adding the project on some websites and exchanges
Writing a manifesto to explain the intentions further and to set the goals
Start a promo campaign for the project
• Masternode explorer to visualize the incentive of owning MN
• Another exchange listing to gain attention and volume
• Adding Docker files to the source to make starting nodes in containers possible
• Writing a Whitepaper to explain the project deeper
• Writing Yellowpaper with technical information to explain it in details
• Putting online Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to visualize the idea
• Starting a marketing campaign to promote the project
• Implementing measures for mitigating common attacks:
• Triple-Purpose Mining algorithm from XAYA project against 51% and similar
• Zawy's LWMA2 algorithm or else against mining difficulty fluctuations
• Moving to POW/POS/MN code base for full technology experience
• Alpha version of the project:
• Implementing UNA - Community Management System
• Implementing BitShares - the code base behind CryptoBridge and other serious projects
• Addind Know Your Customer (KYC) and other user management services from Janrain
• Consulting by an attorney office with experience in IPO/ICO/STO field
• Beta version of the project
• Mobile apps
• Code base audit by a third-party entity
• Official launch